Wednesday, July 05, 2006

It's All In The Pie!

Making a no-bake, all-natural Creamy Pear Pie -- in a blender -- has become a favorite kitchen activity for my son and me. Although he didn't help make this tasty dish tonight, he certainly helped eat it. A lot of it. However, I didn't mind one bit since this healthy recipe includes no artificial ingredients: peaches, almonds (used for the crust), Medjool dates, olive oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, sea salt, and honey.

We learned about this Creamy Peach Pie on The Garden Diet. Sometimes, we replace the peaches with pears and make a Creamy Pear Pie.

To see the various stages of making such a pie, check out the Talifero family's Creamy Peach Pie video clip.

My absolute favorite part about making this pie is watching how much my son enjoys it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home