Thursday, July 06, 2006

Beach Day


Today was a beach day and what a peaceful day it was. In fact, the day was so good that when my son Caleb said bedtime prayers tonight, he began: "Dear God, Thank you for this phenomenal day..."

My husband was off from work today, so we packed up the car and took Caleb and his buddy Troy to St. Augustine Beach. Caleb had been itching to return to the beach since our blindfolded road trip to Daytona Beach several weeks ago.

For hours, Caleb and Troy thoroughly enjoyed the waves on their boogie boards. Isn't it such a pleasure to watch children joyfully play and exercise their bodies? We also had fun passing the soccer ball to each other on the clean, white sand that stretched forever, it seemed. Eventually, Caleb requested a soccer match -- the adults versus the children! We also played catch with the football.

The exercise both in and out of the water, combined with the sun, cool breeze and the sound of the crashing waves must have invigorated me so much that I even tested my bones to see if I could still hold the position of a backbend.
Still flexible, I guess.:-)

Today was definitely one of those days that we felt the benefits of simply flowing with nature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home