Thursday, July 12, 2007

Asking Myself These Questions

Okay, I am still trying to get a good rhythm going since returning from the mountains. That's part of my reason for not blogging for the past few days...in addition to working on getting the next issue of Pear Magazine coordinated and ready for publication.

Just what is it about the mountains? A friend of mine says she often feels like she's in a trance for a few days after her regular mountain trips. My "trance" is now nearing the end of a week. Will I get a grip?

I've had some absolute vivid dreams -- two to be exact -- about our mystical mountain trip. I awoke from my most recent dream and carried on a conversation with my husband as though the "dream" was really taking place. Two people in our party (in the dream) were pulled in another direction while we were on the river. I suddenly awoke, adamantly telling my husband that we needed to locate them. I mean, it was so REAL in my mind. In my conscious state, the "dream" was still going on. My mission was to find those two people although my dream didn't reveal who they were. I wanted my husband to help me. I insisted. He knew I was dreaming; I didn't realize it until I eventually fell asleep again and awoke the next morning in a new state of mind.

In a dream that took place a few nights prior to that one, I felt like my bed was sloped on a cliff. I awoke and got out of the bed twice to "look over the cliff" to see just how far up we were located. (That had to have been inspired by me rappelling 80 feet -- from a cliff -- during my mountain trip.) I walked to my bedroom door, and looked out, as if I was looking down the cliff. Folks, in that part, I wasn't dreaming in a state of sleep. I was awake! Whew, had I lost my mind? :-)

But dreams aside, some level of me, really hasn't been the same since coming back home. Something has changed. There's some level of an emptiness that I'm trying to "fill"....the way that "void" was "full" before the mountain trip.

Did I meet perfect nature, heaven almost, in the mountains and now I'm trying to adapt in a less natural world again? Nothing feels the same! Did my Spirit meet nature's truth?

You know, once you know "truth" it's hard to go back!

Comments are welcomed!

Love and Hugs!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Penny Powell said...

A friend e-mailed this to me this morning:

"Perhaps you are having such vivid dreams, because you lived in the mountains in a pervious life? Sounds like that to me anyway, you just are having problems getting back to where you are right now? Because somewhere in your mind (way down deep) you really belong in the mountains?"

You know, maybe she's right! I certainly had a strong, strong desire to visit the mountains many months before even realizing I would be going there anytime soon. Then, out of the blue, my friend Christy suggested the trip...to the mountains (without realizing I had been craving a trip there). :-)

Mountain Love,

Penny

Thursday, 12 July, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home