Monday, July 02, 2007

Team Raw's Mountain Adventures

We have safely returned from an absolutely amazing, invigorating trip to the Appalachian Mountains in West Virginia where we were about 3,252 feet above sea level. There, at ACE Adventure Center, we white water rafted, rock climbed, rappelled 80 feet, hiked, slept in a log cabin, and so much more! What an incredible time we had! We have arrived home a day early because we decided not to stop overnight in South Carolina during the drive home.

This week, I will be documenting, a bit at a time, our adventures featuring my dear, adventurous friend Christy (below right), my brave and agile son Caleb (blue shirt), Christy's loving and courageous son Dalton (pictured with my son), and mountain/rock-climbing-loving me (brown shirt)!


We often referred to our group as "Team Raw" during our mountain experiences. Although not everyone in our "Team Raw" group is raw-vegan, each person has a respect for raw-veganism and agreed that it was the green smoothies that pumped us up and got us going on the day of our

rock-climbing adventure, an activity I cannot wait to blog about. (As I thought I would, I LOVE rock climbing. Absolutely love it...and so does my son pictured on left. That's me on the right near the end of rappelling 80 feet.)

I hope you'll stop by each day this week for a glimpse of our week-long mountain trip.


With a ton of Mountain Love!

Penny & Team Raw
(Trip and Team Name Created By Christy!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer James said...

You are my hero. I want to be just like you when I grow up ;)

Love ya. Glad you had a fab time in the mountains. Looked like a ton of fun.

Tuesday, 03 July, 2007  
Blogger Penny Powell said...

LOL!

It was a ton of fun....truly! I think I need to go to Yoga tonight to get my feet planted back on the ground, so to speak.:-)

I tried to call you as we were traveling through NC. I didn't take your number with me but tried Directory Assistance, however, wasn't successful. Maybe next time we can meet on Blue Ridge Parkway or something! :-)

Love ya, too!

Penny

Tuesday, 03 July, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home