Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My Cup of "Tee" Runneth Over

As always, an extremely dear friend of mine, Tee Jenkins, has warmed my heart. In an e-mail I received from her on July 31, she told me that she had come upon this link and instructed me to scroll down when there. "I'm going to write down 5 things I'm grateful for before I go to bed tonight," Tee wrote, "and one of them is definitely: I am grateful for having Penny Powell in my life. She brings me joy. She accepts me for who I am and helps me to see that God is real."

Tee is truly a gem of a friend! Her description of me is precisely the way I would describe her. Indeed, in ways that words cannot even begin to tell, Tee accepts me for who I am and always, always, always sees the extraordinary inside of me (that extraordinary we all have) even when I can't quite see it. Tee is such a super positive friend; her friendship easily makes my life rich.

She's amazing; I could complain to her for a whole week about whatever, and through it all she'll make me feel as if I'm the most positive person God ever created. She just has this way about her. It's sooooooo therapeutic having her in my life because she's more than willing to hear it all from me without ever casting judgement. Additionally, her heart celebrates my joy-filled moments and overjoyed-filled moments (and I have many) as though they were her own. It's as if she connected with my core from day one and any "negative" moment I might be experiencing, well, she knows that's not really my core -- not the real Penny -- so she simply knows how to not put any real focus there....but embrace the light in me while allowing me to vent through any "gray" areas. Gosh, I love her! How I get so blessed to find such a friend?

You know, as I'm typing this, Tee's ways remind me how God must be with us......no matter what, God knows who and what we REALLY are, and that's why we are always able to shine in God's eyes. God sees our "shine" even when we don't. Tee makes me feel that way.....if I'm not feeling to be quite a shiny Penny on a particular day, she still sees that shine -- as brightly as can be. Don't you think that's how God is? I do. Tee says I help her to see that God is real. Ditto to her!To me, every word or action of hers that I've ever encountered has been a reflection of God in her!!!

Tee's so real. She's the type of person everyone needs to meet -- at least once in their lifetime. As I tell her from time to time...Everybody needs a little "Tee" in their life! :-)

Well, since she's writing her things-to-be-grateful-for list, I feel inspired by her to do the same. Any guesses what I'm putting first on my today's grateful list?

1. I am grateful for having the "richest" of friendships with Tee. She's definitely a treasure in my life, and life is that much more enriched because of her! Not just mine, but I think with anyone she encounters. She's just that type of person.

2. I am grateful that Caleb's friend Bryce has played Monopoly for HOURS with Caleb today (July 31). They began playing at about 3:30 p.m....up until about 5:30 p.m., when we left to go to their 2 1/2-hour football practice. They came home, showered, ate dinner and are still playing the game they began playing earlier. It's now 11:32 p.m., as I'm typing this sentence. Perhaps Caleb will now understand when I say that game's a little too long for my liking! I'm so thankful Bryce seems to enjoy it as much as Caleb does. Nice! :-)

3. I am grateful when I hear/feel God prompting me to fast (one beginning Aug. 1). How long? I don't know....just following God's lead, so I'm grateful I can do that.

4. I am grateful that my husband agreed to experiment with Flying Partner Yoga with me at home on Sunday. Loved it!

5. I am grateful that I have realized that every day is a new beginning!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home