Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Do you keep a journal?

Perhaps this letter below is my cue to get back to blogging more regularly. I've had such a busy week (in a good way) that I haven't had much time for expressing my thoughts via the computer.

Rochelle from MyHealthWealthAndHappiness.com writes:

"Dear Penny,

Do you keep a journal? I was just wondering, because I've been noticing more and more websites where people are posting their journals or diaries, or use their blogs as a kind of journal. There are a lot of benefits associated with keeping a journal –– mental, emotional, and even physical. Studies have found that, when people write about their deepest thoughts and feelings in a journal, it can result in fewer doctor visits, fewer depressive symptoms, and enhanced immune system functioning. And this is besides the mental and emotional benefits of writing about your feelings and any problems, crises, or the joys that occur in your life.

When you keep a journal, you have the chance to sort out your thoughts and feelings about conditions, issues, and people in your life. Writing helps to clarify your ideas and get your problem-solving juices flowing. And when you look back on your journals, you can more easily see any patterns that you may have fallen into, or keep track of your progress in your goals. And most of all, Penny, you get to know the "real" you.

A journal is a great tool for self-expression and communication, and you can take it one step further, by sharing a journal with the important people in your life. Relationships of all kinds can be enhanced by a kind of mutual journal that you share with someone else. You could set up a "family journal," where everyone took time to put down their thoughts or feelings, or record memories, and then passed it on to the next person. Or you could have a "relationship journal" with a spouse or significant other, or a "friendship journal," which you share with your circle of friends.

So, Penny, why not put pen to paper (or finger to keyboard) and get started on a wonderful journey of self-exploration and strengthening your relationships?"

Whenever there are gaps in my blogging, I believe I still receive some of the benefits that come with journaling via my e-mails to family and friends. I guess that's my journaling supplement at times. :-)

Some things I do want to journal about soon are my encounter with Passion Fruit today at the grocery store and a gymnastics class I'll be helping to teach. Fun! :-)

See you soon!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Raising Alex said...

Oh, please tell us about the passion fruit. I ran into a Dragon fruit tonight, I bought it for ten dollars and we will be trying it tomorrow. My fast has ended and I am ready to eat. I will only have a bite.

Raw Love
Melissa

Monday, 13 August, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home