Tuesday, October 28, 2008

10-Minute Workout Possibilities

Yesterday, I realized that 10-minute workout DVDs are the ideal solution to breaking up stretches of computer work. After taking six 10-minute breaks to stretch and tone, my body was feeling absolutely wonderful.

Lara Hudson's DVD (above) is a real treat I forgot I owned. Yesterday, when scouring through my DVD collection looking for another brief workout to do after working out to "Dance It Off & Tone It Up!" (below) with Jennifer Galardi, I came upon Lara Hudson's DVD. While it has been a part of my workout collection for a while, somehow I had overlooked it. Oh boy, I've been missing out!

In no time, I had done a fabulous set of yoga postures that tone the abs with Lara. That session is called "Yoga for Abs." I returned to some computer work, and then before long went back to Lara's "class" in my family room and did "Yoga Burn," which "turns up the burn-factor on yoga!" Eventually, I was there again doing "Yoga for Buns and Thighs" this time, immediately followed by "Yoga for Flexibility & Relaxation." The remaining 10-minute yoga session to try from that DVD is "Yoga Basics."


I love how Hudson has used specific and nicely challenging yoga postures per 10-minute session to target a specific section of the body. Now I want to try her Pilates one (above)!

It was the 10-minute concept of Galardi's DVD above that left me thirsting for something else 10-minute. With Galardi for 10 minutes per session, I've been doing "Upper Body Tone Up" and "Buns and Thighs Sculpt" with resistance bands that are provided with the DVD. And, when I feel like doing a dance workout, I can pick from her "Sexy Slim Down," "High Energy Fat Burner" or "Dancer's Abs" options. Like Hudson, Galardi has provided a fun and effective variety. Plus, the dance music that accompanies Galardi's dance workouts are sure to get you moving.

So, did you get your body moving today?

Smiles,

Penny

P.S. Here's a glimpse of my yesterday's raw menu (I didn't do any juices or smoothies which was primarily my diet the day before)....

~ Water for breakfast and throughout the day.

~ Lunch (appetizer) -- Pieces of celery topped with olive oil and a sprinkle of Cayenne pepper

~ Lunch (main course) -- Celery and Pear salad (cut up both and combined)

~ Dinner (appetizer) -- Chunks of avocado sprinkled with a little black pepper, sea salt, and Cayenne pepper

~ Dinner (main course) -- Salad made with romaine lettuce and topped with carrot, celery and chard that had been chopped up in the food processor. I poured some olive oil over the salad and sprinkled a dash of Cayenne pepper. I had a spice craving yesterday; perhaps it was my body's way of storing up more warmth for the temperature that really dropped later in the day (and was still quite cold this morning).

Thanks to walking around and around the field with a friend for most of my son's two-hour football practice, I stayed fairly warm, but, whoa, when the walk was done, my hands froze. That Cayenne certainly warmed me up again later, though. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home