Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Walking Journey


I'm attempting to commit to a walking program outlined in the current issue of Prevention magazine. On Monday, I walked for about 30 minutes after taking a 75-minute Yoga class. Today was a rest day, and tomorrow I'll hit the pavement for a 30-minute walk at a challenging pace (combined with a Yoga class).

The walking program builds walkers up to participate in a marathon -- after a 5K, 10K and half-marathon. Since I think I could easily complete a 5K at this point, I started at Week 6 of the training program. On Saturday, I'll be hitting the pavement for a 4-mile endurance walk which I believe won't be too challenging for me to complete. However, since I didn't want to get too ahead of myself, I figured I'd start at a level a little under my current walking ability and move along from there.

In the meantime, I'll be on the lookout for a 10K that I can participate in during early September, followed by a half-marathon and then.............a Marathon. Yikes! :-)

"It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters in the end." Ursula K. LeGuin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home