Friday, June 08, 2007

Leaning Happiness

Today, a dear friend of mine told me that I'm finding blessings everywhere I turn. While every day is a blessing in and of itself, I do seem to have been given some fun bonus blessings lately. Maybe this is partly or fully a result of my recent fast (a fast I didn't do as long as I anticipated, but the days I did were done from my heart and soul and enriched me spiritually and mentally).

Maybe as I strived to get in closer touch with God, God came closer to me and showered me with a few extra surprises. I don't know...perhaps those blessings were coming my way...anyway. I can only speculate, but what I do know is that my fast has enriched me in some way that words can't quite explain. And even though some of the same life challenges remain, something just feels very centered? solid? okay? with me...very right!

Maybe this is indeed what happiness really is...when you can feel inwardly centered even during the times when life feels like it's leaning -- as opposed to thinking that ultimate happiness has finally arrived when everything in life is just "right."

Now, when will that happen anyway? In this lifetime? I think not. How do we grow when everything is just right?

Today, I feel happy in the true sense of the word. I will remain happy. I'm claiming it. It's our birthright! You claim it, too, because there's enough happiness to go around and who wants happiness without sharing it anyway? Then, would you really be happy?

In Sharing,

Penny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home