Sunday, June 03, 2007

Liquid Fast -- Day 3

Today is Day 3 of my 10-day liquid fast. Here's what I did on Day 1. On Day 2, I decided to drink fresh juices (such as, Zucchini/Carrot juice, and more) versus the Lemon Drink. I didn't do the Salt Water Flush yesterday, but am back to it today along with the Lemon Drink. With the rotation of the one-day-Lemon-Drink and the next-day-fresh-juices, it works out that I can have a variety of freshly made juices on my 15th wedding anniversary on Wednesday. So, that day will be full of more than just lemons, lemons and more lemons! :-)

My advisor, Melissa, whom I have previously mentioned here, had this to say about my idea to have the Lemon Drink every other day:

"If you are doing the juice one day and lemons the next, you can still do the salt-water flush each day, but I think I would do it every other day with the lemon drink. That way, you are getting all the nutrients absorbed into your body from the juice, and you should have some form of elimination from drinking the juice anyway. Not so with just the lemon drink. Good luck, do what feels right for you and your body.

"I am lifting my MC (Master Cleanse Lemon Drink) in cheers to you. I think I am on day 26 today; I will have to check to make sure."

Now, if Melissa has made it to about Day 26 of a liquid fast, surely I can make it to 10, right? She's a big motivator for me right now.

Happy Sunday!

Penny

P.S. I consumed the Sea Salt water drink a lot quicker today (versus Day 1). I think it helped that I drank it out of a slimmer cup versus the large measuring cup!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Penny,

How did your 10-Day liquid fast go and how did you feel when you finished it?

Linda
PS Happy belated 15th anniversary.

Sunday, 10 June, 2007  
Blogger Penny Powell said...

Hi Linda:

Nice to hear from you!

As I mentioned in my "Leaning Happiness" post, I ended up not fasting the full 10 days. But, I felt good about the days I did fast and felt refreshed when I finished.

I'm thinking about making it a practice to fast the first few days of each month.

Thanks for stopping by!

Penny

Sunday, 10 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home