Saturday, October 28, 2006

Saturday Sports

I guess you can't keep the Powell family off of the sports field. On the rare Saturday that Caleb didn't have a game, we still went to the YMCA to watch a few of his friends' games. While there, I bumped into my friend, Rhonda, who had twin girls five months ago. I got to hold the babies and chat with Rhonda for a while out in the fresh air. At one point, I kicked my shoes off and plopped down on a blanket she had spread for her family. Later, with shoes off, I walked on the grass while holding her baby. I felt so relaxed. So peaceful. Holding a calm baby is surely therapeutic. Maybe it's their pure innocence we feel when holding those angels!

Later in the day, back at home, at half-time of the Florida/Georgia football game, Collin and Caleb decided to play football themselves.

Quince joined them. At the time, I was preparing dinner -- more homemade veggie burgers -- and salad -- with Banana/Lemon pie for dessert. While the burgers were dehydrating, I went outside to watch the boys play. I walked up on a throwing competition that started at the side yard next to our neighbor's house and then finished on the cul-de-sac.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home