Sunday, May 27, 2007

Mountain Preparation


In about a month, my son and I will be embarking upon our mom-and-son mountain trip. For quite a while I've longed to visit the mountains, so when a friend suggested (without knowing about my mountain desire) that we take a summer trip with our sons to the mountains, I couldn't have been happier.

I look forward to the adventure that awaits us, and my prayer is that we'll have a safe and enjoyable time and feel so close to God and nature that we completely feel the bliss of each day. I will be documenting this experience in the July issue of Pear Magazine, an organic lifestyles magazine I edit.

Today, the day before Memorial Day, I've been putting thought into how cleansed I want to feel at the start of this upcoming trip. Then, the trip itself will hopefully take my mind, body and spirit to an even deeper form of cleansing and renewal. A few hours ago, I made a Kale/Apple/Lemon juice and wondered if I should do a juice and green smoothie fast leading up to the trip. My heart is just telling me to do some form of a mind-body-spirit cleanse before our departure.
My friend, Melissa, is currently on a two-month fresh juice fast. Perhaps I need to team-up with her for a portion of her fast. This can be quite empowering and inspiring when done as a team. Plus, Melissa naturally inspires me anyway, so I can only imagine what I can gain from her during this next month. I believe the support can be invaluable.

I'm praying and pondering.

Stay tuned!

By the way, perhaps I'll try to redeem myself with this dormant blog (until now) by posting every day for the next month. We'll see! :-) My friend, Linda, likes to keep up with the happenings in my life......so, Linda, I'll try to keep this blog more active, okay? :-)

In Health,

Penny

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jinjee said...

Hi Penny! Your trip with your son sounds wonderful!!! I can't wait to hear about it. It is my dream to do many-week-long mountain hikes both with my children individually and on my own! What could be better!!
Wishing you an amazing journey!!!
Hugs,
jinjee

Monday, 28 May, 2007  
Blogger Penny Powell said...

Thanks so much, Jinjee! I appreciate the comment.

Hugs to you, too!

Penny

Friday, 01 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home