Friday, June 01, 2007

Joyful June

In my Mountain Preparation post, I mentioned feeling the need to do a fast of some sort. A day or so after that post, I did the Lemon Cleanse for a day with the intention of keeping that routine going for several days...until...when rinsing some beautiful strawberries for my son, I just couldn't resist tasting one, two, three, and more! So, here I am on June 1 making a fresh start to a 10-day liquid fast.

My friend, Melissa, a Raw Food Coach and Nutritionist and a writer for Pear Magazine, mentioned the Salt Water Flush to me (scroll down when at the "Salt Water Flush" link). Apparently, this can be done in conjunction with a juice fast.

This morning, I kicked off my day of liquids with the Salt Water Flush: 1 quart of lukewarm water mixed with two teaspoons of Sea Salt. What a mighty good cleanser for ridding the body of excess toxins! Since that drink, I've had several glasses of the MC Lemonade.

Initially, I thought I might commit to the Lemon drink for the next 10 days, however, I am considering altering it with freshly made vegetable juices. At this point, I'll know at the start of each day -- for the next 10 days -- what my plan for the day is! Maybe one day of the MC Lemonade, one day of juicing, back to MC Lemonade, and so on! What do you think, Melissa? You are the expert on such matters! :-) Is it best to stick to the Lemon drink for the duration of this 10-day fast or will "switching up" be just as effective?

My Devotional
After making this morning's Sea Salt water mixture, I proceeded outside with the large glass measuring cup in which I had made the beverage. I drank from it (with straw) during my lovely devotional time. (I imagined drinking some tropical drink in a huge glass.) :-)

Joyce Meyer's Starting Your Day Right has this to say for June 1:

Have a New Mindset

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right, persevering, and steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

She went on to say:

"We set ourselves up either for misery or for joy by the mindset that we have toward the things in our life. Mindsets are the patterns in which our mind
normally operates toward a certain determination..............But, if we choose
the mindset that God will help us through it, we will enjoy watching how
everything falls into place....."

In the Joy Mindset,

Penny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home