Thursday, June 21, 2007

Refreshing Summer Drink

I made a drink today that seemed quite fitting for the first day of summer. A Zucchini/Apple/Banana Smoothie!

I juiced about 3/4 of a super large Zucchini -- fresh from a friend's garden. I also juiced one Apple. I then poured the Zucchini/Apple juice into the blender with four small Bananas and added Ice. What a drink I ended up with. Caleb and his friend, Chris, enjoyed it, too.


"Similar in nutritional content to cucumbers, zucchini acts as a natural coolant and thirst quencher, replenishing the body with needed fluids. As it does this, it also acts as an internal cleanser. The juice is bland and should be mixed with carrots or apples." ~Jay Kordich, The Juiceman's Power of Juicing

Cheers to Summer!



3 Comments:

Blogger Raising Alex said...

Looks YummY, Penny
Raw Love

Friday, 22 June, 2007  
Blogger Penny Powell said...

Thanks, Melissa! Tastes yummy, too. I made more today for the family. Mmm, Mmm Good! :-)

Hugs,

Penny

Friday, 22 June, 2007  
Blogger oceansmiles said...

Great website! Thanks for sharing!
:-)

Monday, 19 May, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home