Sunday, June 17, 2007

To Daddy

Daddy, Sweet Daddy, just whom would I be
If you had not been sent to earth to help protect and guide me?
Even though your journey moved beyond this earth 11 years ago
You are still spiritually with me and that I do know.

When I try to imagine the person I might be if your influence had not been placed upon me
I can't even visualize that person I try to see
Because your parenting style was destined for me.....so gentle yet strong as a lion
And now my sweet dad, you have made it to Zion.

Every second you invested in me, every word you spoke
Please know that the depth of my heart was constantly taking note
A completely loving, hands-on dad was you to your core
And I grow to value all of your lessons more and more.

Thanks for being the type of dad who gently disciplined even when I was bad
Who never got so mad that he didn't care what type of day I had
For accepting me for me and not only whom you thought I should be
Thank you for honoring the inner light that shone inside of me.

Thanks for always listening to me
When I expressed my thoughts
And for being kind to all of my friends
Even if it was a relationship with one that you thought should end.

Daddy, you were truly an angel father on earth
How blessed I am to have had you in my life even prior to my birth.

I love you so much! Thanks for our spiritual connection!

Happy Father's Day, My Beloved Daddy!

Lovingly Remembering You,

Penny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home