Sunday, June 10, 2007

Lawn Therapy

Mowing the lawn -- with a push mower -- is extremely therapeutic for me. Although I don't necessarily dash outside to cut the grass as soon as it's in need, I thoroughly enjoy the cutting process once I'm out there. Today was one of those days!

I love how many things simultaneously take place while doing the one task of mowing the lawn: the grass instantly starts to look tidy and more appealing, burning calories, sweating away toxins, tanning, absorbing Vitamin D, emptying the mind, breathing fresh air!

Some friends of ours pulled up soon after I was done cutting the grass today. They parked in front of the house and observed the freshly cut lawn. "That's impressive," one of them commented. His wife said , "When we were driving toward the house, he told me, 'she cuts their lawn.'" "Want me to cut yours?" I asked. "Sure," he replied.

Although I was joking (kinda), the thought has casually crossed my mind on more than one occasion about doing part-time work in lawn cutting. Really, I have thought of it. :-) If my uncle, who had such a business, lived closer to me, I think I would have asked him for a part-time gig. Cutting a few lawns a week would have provided plenty lawn therapy for me! :-)

But, back to today! Not only did the cut turn out pretty darn good, but my overall being feels lighter, and light feels good!

Penny

2 Comments:

Blogger shlawchemsolutions said...

very good photos

Thursday, 12 July, 2007  
Blogger Penny Powell said...

Thank you, shlawchemsolutions! :-) I appreciate you stopping by!

Have a great day!

Penny

Thursday, 12 July, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home