Sunday, October 08, 2006

Trying to Master A Raw-Food Lifestyle


I'm borrowing a quote from a friend I met in The 7 Days Raw Journey forum.
"The lighter I am, the higher I dwell."
Or, as I say it: "The lighter I feel, the higher I soar."
I'm certainly feeling lighter (in a good way) these days while trying to master a raw-vegan diet. Although I'm still attempting to fine-tune this exciting and healthy way of eating and approaching life, I'm closer than ever before to exclusively eating this way. No cooked food. No dairy products. But, all organic (or as much as I can purchase) live foods! Fruit. Vegetables. Nuts. Grains.

The 7 Days Raw Journey hosted by The Garden Diet has taken me so much closer to my goal of eating the way I believe I was designed to eat and live. This journey starts every Monday. Check it out!

By no means am I missing out on food that falls under the Standard American Diet, also known as "SAD." If I desire some sort of cooked food, there's a raw food recipe for just about any dish I might desire.

Pie, anyone? Check out the Raw Sweet Potato Pie that my new and wonderful raw-vegan friend, Connie, gave me. I met Connie through The 7 Days Raw Journey!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so beautiful! You're an inspiration, girl. I really want to get that tiny.

Sunday, 08 October, 2006  
Blogger Penny Powell said...

Hi Jennifer:

Thanks for your kind words. You know you're an inspiration to me, too. I thank God for you.

You can get as tiny as you care to!:-) Mind over matter! It starts with one step. The desire to do right by our bodies...our temples!

If you're ever up to trying "The 7 Days Raw Journey," be sure to let me know. I'd love to encourage you along the way and do it, again, right along with you. It'll be fun!

Hugs,

Penny

Sunday, 08 October, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Penny,

You look fantastic. I'm seriously considering doing "The 7 day Raw Veg Diet" too.

Monday, 09 October, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Penny, You look absolutely great! - and so healthy. I'm so proud of you.
Love,
Mom

Monday, 09 October, 2006  
Blogger Penny Powell said...

Hi Adanetch:

Thanks for your note and compliment.:-) I'm excited to hear that you are seriously considering doing "The 7 Days Raw Journey." Like I told, Jennifer, I'll do it with you. I'll give you as much support as I can along the way. It truly is a wonderful, fun experience and a test of one's inner strength. There's nothing to lose other than some weight (if you have any to lose.):-)

Please keep me posted. Let me know if you're gonna go for it!

I'll be cheering you on!

Hugs,

Penny

Monday, 09 October, 2006  
Blogger Penny Powell said...

Dear Mom:

What a joy to find a note from you on my blog. Yay!:-)

Thanks for your continued support. There's nothing better than a supportive, proud mom!:-) And, by the way, you look great, too, and I am so proud of you!

Let me know when you want to try "The 7 Days Raw Journey." With a little preparation, it's easier than you think. You know if I was at home, I'd juice for you and prepare your salads.(Big Smile)

Love you,

Penny

Monday, 09 October, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Penny,

I want to look just like you (smile). Maybe Mackie and I just might try this to see how it goes. I can hear him now, you've got to be joking! We'll see. Anyway you look fabulous darling. :) Hope all is well.

Take care
Denise

Tuesday, 10 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home