Friday, October 13, 2006

Raw Pie Experiment

A couple of evenings ago, I did a raw food experiment and made a no-cooked/no-baked, organic Broccoli, Yellow Squash and Apple Pie. It turned out delicious. Since my son really liked it, that was enough for me to know it was truly good.

The above picture shows the completed pie -- with crushed Raw Spanish Nuts and cinnamon sprinkled over the top. The picture to the right shows the pie before the topping was added. (The crust was made from crushed nuts, dates, olive oil, honey, cinnamon and nutmeg.)

The day after experimenting with this tasty pie, I took a slice of it to my friend, Charo, to sample. Here's what she had to say the following day:

"Good morning my RAW VEGAN SISTA! To add to your list of happy customers, please include the Simpson family. Penny, your broccoli, squash, & apple pie was very delicious! I believe little Cara was the biggest fan of all. Her response was, "Can I eat it all?" Still, we all thought it to be very tasty....mmmmmmmmmmmm good. When is the next taste test? The Simpson family is happily standing by!! I'd love to try the banana/lemon pie. I'm putting my order in now!! You go girl!!"

Charo even went as far as listing some possible names for a raw-food cafe that she believes I will someday own/operate.LOL (I guess when she wrote that she wasn't remembering that I have a 'some-timey' kitchen attitude.LOL Sometimes I want to be in the kitchen; sometimes I don't!) :-)

She ended her e-mail with "Hugs & Kissess my sista, Charo"

Well, needless to say, Charo's raw pie review went a long way to helping me have a splendid day!

Penny

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Penny,

Thanks for sharing your raw food recipes, one of these days I am going to try one of them.

Take care,
Linda

Saturday, 14 October, 2006  
Blogger Penny Powell said...

Hi Linda:

My pleasure!

Hope all is well.

Hugs,

Penny

Wednesday, 18 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home