Friday, August 11, 2006

Friday Spotlight: Shining on Jennifer, Tee, and Linda

This idea came to me today. Each Friday, I will shine the "Friday Spotlight" on people who have touched my heart in some shape, size or form. I will pay special tribute to family members, friends, associates, or strangers! You never know...the Spotlight could be shining on you!

I've made some powerful friendships through my online writing.

Let's take Jennifer James from North Carolina, for example. She first contacted me several years ago after reading an article I had written on CelebratingChildren.com. We instantly clicked and have remained in sync and in touch through the years -- helping each other grow personally and professionally. She's truly a friend of the heart. To think it was the power of written words that connected us! I honor her today and always.

Then, let's move along to a few years later. I received an e-mail from a Maryland mom, Tee Jenkins, who read an article I wrote -- Reflections Of a Stay-At-Home Mom: Looking back over the past seven years -- again, on CelebratingChildren.com. That e-mail was the start of yet another powerful friendship. Tee visited my family last summer, and it wasn't as if we were meeting each other, in person, for the first time. It's like I've known Tee all of my life. Truly, my life is pretty much an open book with her. She must have been my sister in another life. (smile)

Next, about a year ago, I received an e-mail from another special person (whom I don't have a picture of at the moment). That time, the mail was sent from my place of birth, Bermuda. It was from a Linda Smith. Linda had come upon a journal entry of mine on CelebratingChildren.com and e-mailed me to let me know she was touched by what she read and looked forward to reading more of my writing. Turns out, I went to elementary school with Linda's sister. Recently, when I took a trip home to Bermuda, I stopped by Linda's workplace to meet her. She is such a supporter of my online writing; I wanted to give her a big hug -- in person!

In a recent e-mail, Linda wrote: " I have been following your blog, which is so encouraging. Keep up the good work...........Thank you for being you; I am so thankful for our friendship."

Well, Jennifer, Tee and Linda, I echo the above words to you, too: Thank you for being you. I am so thankful for our friendship.

Today's Spotlight shines on you, Ladies! Thanks so much for adding to my life with your warmth and sincerity.

Love and Blessings to you and your families always!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! That was really sweet. I can remember like it was yesterday when I ran into your journal on CelebratingChildren.com. I was so excited to run into another mom like me. Thanks for being my friend.

By the way, congrats on your new job! That is ao awesome.

Tuesday, 15 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home