Sunday, August 06, 2006

Mom-and-Son Saturday

I'm on track.

I did my 4-mile walk on Saturday -- part of my training program for my first-ever 10K I'm planning to participate in early September. My son rode his bike as I walked. Since he did laps around me along the trail and in the parking lots and such we passed, I know he rode way more than four miles. He was quite a trooper to hang in there with his Momma that way. I love him and his support.

However, I knew I would owe him something after his patience with me during that walk. Some quality time in our home pool. His style. A mom and son basketball game. Fortunately, I had the low-impact part. He created a game in which he would run along one side of the pool (although I don't advocate running around the pool, I made the exception in this case), then he would pass the basketball to me who was stationed in the pool. I had to attempt to quickly shoot the ball in the poolside basketball hoop as he jumped into the water while attempting to block my shot in the process.

He also came up with a creative scoring system which showed me that his summer brain has not lost its neck for numbers. (But I had already witnessed that part of him when we played Football Monopoly a few days prior and a card game another day and when I gave him some impromptu math questions to figure out on another day.)

We had a wonderful, active Mom-and-Son Saturday. That pool water was definitely soothing to my body after a long walk in the heat followed by stretching. I guess my son knew just what his Mommy needed, but he's good like that anyway. Sometimes! Most times! :-)

The day ended with a family outing to the movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home