Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Job's Mine!

I got the job! Wow! This is amazing to me. Exactly a year ago, I first stepped foot in Native Sun. At the time, my friend Tee was visiting from Maryland and we took our children there and purchased some healthier snacks to accompany us to our swimming adventure at my home. Today, Tee recalls me having said: "I LOVE this place" when we entered the store.

Fast forward a year........now I'll be working there, part-time, with the Food Educator of Special Diets.

I am both excited and slightly overwhelmed (in a healthy kind of way). Excited because it has been a dream of mine to educate people about health foods, but I thought I was going to have to first attend the Institute for Integrative Nutrition before getting to the point of giving clients walk-throughs at a health store. Not in my wildest dreams did I think that I would get intensive on-the-job training to be able to do just that...to work directly with customers who are seeking diet lifestyle changes.

This piece of the puzzle of my life has reminded me that God finds a variety of ways to plant the seeds for our personal passions--to convince us that we're actually truly passionate about something or the other. The way I see it, He gets us interested and all riled up about particular areas of life and lets us explore/play with those passions while He maps out the bigger part of the journey -- or while He puts His already-mapped-out plan on hold as He waits for us to grow to best accommodate/handle His bigger plan for us. Eventually, I believe, when He feels we're ready, He unveils the ultimate plan He has created for us. Do we see it, though?

In this case...this time...I do!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That is so awesome. The people who are behind the ClubMom blogs told us that they have all the blogs up right now, but they may add more in the future. If they do I am soooo going to recommend you because you can share so much with moms.

That is so great. Congratulations!

Thursday, 10 August, 2006  
Blogger Penny Powell said...

Hi Jennifer:

Thanks for your congrats! Now, you know, I'd LOVE to blog for ClubMom, so I would completely appreciate the recommendation from you if the opportunity presents itself.:-) Thanks for thinking of that!

Hugs,

Penny

Friday, 11 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home