Friday, September 08, 2006

Yellow Produce Day

Yesterday, I sampled a yummy Yellow Watermelon at work. Yellow Watermelon? I never knew such a fruit existed. I also found out that a Yellow Beet was included in The Unbeetable juice I purchased from the Juice and Smoothie Bar during my break. Yellow Beet? I never knew such a vegetable existed.
Picture Credit here!


After drinking that Unbeetable juice (apple, lemon, ginger and beet), I returned to the Juice and Smoothie Bar to pay compliments to the chef and inquired about why the Unbeetable juice I purchase at Native Sun is pinkish/reddish, but the one I make at home is bright red (and that's after only using a small portion of the red beet). That's when I learned that in addition to the ingredient of red beet in my yesterday's juice, a yellow beet had been included, too. Perhaps that explains the color difference. Maybe! Whatever the case, that juice was incredibly delicious and looked so pretty!

Sometimes I wonder why fruits and veggies and the many things we can do with them bring me so much joy. Perhaps the answer is simple: They are living foods -- and life plus life equals LIFE, thus the feeling of truly LIVING in the presence and participation of fruits and veggies!

In Life,

Penny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home